CHINATOWN FOOD TOUR
On our Chinatown Food Tour, we will explore the remarkable and historic ethnicity, culture, and foods that define Hong Kong and mainland China. You will taste authentic Canton, Mandarin and Szechuan cuisine from five Chinese owned and operated restaurants, food stores and ethnic bakeries. All food tastings, enough for lunch, are included in the ticket price of $60
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE CHINATOWN FOOD TOUR:
Five delectable food tastings - On this guided food tour of San Francisco’s Chinatown, we will taste five different mouthwatering delights. Three of the tastings (enough for lunch) will be done seated inside the restaurants and two tastings will be done on the street in front of the establishment.
On our delectable journey, we will be enjoying Cantonese barbeque-pork filled buns, President Obama’s favorite SF dim sum, Chef Han’s world-renowned authentic Szechuan cuisine, savory Beijing peking duck and egg tarts cooked to a smooth flan-like perfection with a buttery flakey crust.
Experience the history, architecture and culture of the oldest Chinatown in North America and the largest Chinese community outside Asia. Between food tastings, your knowledgeable and friendly food tour guide will discuss the story of the Chinese immigrants' arrival in San Francisco, the hidden alleys, The Tong Wars, the pagoda style Buddhist Temples and so much more. Learn about San Francisco’s Chinatown through its food, culture and people.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THE CHINATOWN FOOD TOUR?
Our Chinatown Food Tour is perfect for native San Franciscans and tourists alike. Navigating the food scene in Chinatown and finding the best cuisine can be a daunting task. Through our extensive and delicious research, we’ve taken the guesswork out of it for you. We guide you to the most delicious and freshest authentic Asian cuisine. We know it’s a tough job, but someone has to do it.
Our walking food tours are given at a leisurely pace and are appropriate for all ages. Join us on a mouthwatering eating extravaganza of Chinatown. Your taste buds will thank you later.
WHY TAKE THE CHINATOWN FOOD TOUR?
On our Chinatown Food Tour, we guide you off-the-beaten path to taste award-winning authentic Asian cuisine. Chinatown is full of restaurants that can feel like tourist traps. Our expert and self-proclaimed professional food tasters, have eaten the good, the bad and the most delicious foods in the Chinatown. We present to you five top-notch restaurants and bakeries, serving the most delicious food specialties in Chinatown. Eat with us and your idea of great Asian cuisine will be changed forever!
READY TO EAT WITH US?
You may purchase tickets through our secure website by clicking on the Buy Tickets button, or by calling(877) 568-6877. Our call center is available to help you purchase tickets or answer your questions from 5:00AM - 9:00PM PST. We look forward to giving you a delicious and informative food tour in San Francisco’s Chinatown.
- Ticket Purchase: Tickets must be purchased in advance through our secure website or calling (877) 568-6877.
- When: Chinatown food tours are offered on select Tuesdays, Saturdays and Sundays, all year round.
- Time: Tours begin at 10:00AM. Please arrive 10 minutes early. Our tours leave on time.
- Duration: Approximately 3 hours
- Where: Exact location given when tickets purchased
- Weather: Tour takes place rain or shine. We will reschedule due to extremely inclement weather.
- Dress: Casual dress. We recommend wearing comfortable shoes.
- Food: On this tour, we will be doing 5 food tastings at different food establishments. 3 of the tastings will be done seated inside the restaurant and 2 of the tastings will be done on the street. Most people find it is enough for lunch. We have vegetarian options but not vegan or gluten-free.
- Included: All 5 tastings (enough for lunch), and our fun and knowledgeable tour guide's discussion of the history, culture, and architecture of this vibrant neighborhood.
- Flavorful food specialties are served from 5 of the following places (subject to change):
- New Hollywood Bakery & Restaurant:
Our favorite light and buttery buns filled with barbecue-flavored cha siu pork (est. 1991)
- Bund Shanghai: Traditional Shanghai style cuisine
- Grant Place Restaurant: Local favorite known for Hong Kong style dim sum and Chinese specialties
- Hunan House: The distinctive flavors of Hunan cuisine
- AA Bakery & Café: Freshly made, out of the oven, Hong Kong style egg tarts cooked to a smooth flan-like perfection with a buttery flakey crust (est.2002)
- Z&Y Restaurant: Chef Han has grown in reputation by preparing food for presidents and foreign ministers of the People’s Republic of China (est.2008)